How to add resources

Timothy Madden
Hello

How can I add resources (like version information and icons) when
building with g++ on MinGW ?

I tried windres.exe from MinGW and the resulting executable does not
run. Do I need some specific
version or some other tool ? Where can I find documentation for this
task or for windres ? Do I need
to have the resource compiler from Microsoft Platform SDK ?

Thank you,
Timothy Madden

This list observes the Etiquette found at http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.

Re: How to add resources

Greg Chicares
On 2008-12-01 10:21Z, Timothy Madden wrote:

> How can I add resources (like version information and icons) when
> building with g++ on MinGW ?

Put VERSIONINFO and ICON resources in a '.rc' file.

> I tried windres.exe from MinGW and the resulting executable does not
> run.

That's the problem you need to debug.

> Do I need some specific
> version or some other tool ?