How can I achieve consistent output between two compiler runs?

How can I achieve consistent output between two compiler runs?

Sebastian Hahn

This list observes the Etiquette found at http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.

Re: How can I achieve consistent output between two compiler runs?

Greg Chicares
On 2008-12-15 17:05Z, Sebastian Hahn wrote:

> I read the FAQ entry on why executables differ between two compiler
> runs ( http://mingw.org/wiki/My_executable_is_sometimes_different ). I
> have looked through the rest of the FAQ as well as the mailing list
> archives, but couldn't find an explanation for that behaviour or, more
> importantly, a suggestion on how to change MinGW's gcc.

-fno-guess-branch-probability

IIRC, binaries also contain datestamps.

On Dec 15, 2008, at 7:09 PM, Greg Chicares wrote:

> On 2008-12-15 17:05Z, Sebastian Hahn wrote:
>>
>> I read the FAQ entry on why executables differ between two compiler
>> runs ( http://mingw.org/wiki/
>> My_executable_is_sometimes_different ). I
>> have looked through the rest of the FAQ as well as the mailing list
>> archives, but couldn't find an explanation for that behaviour or,
>> more
>> importantly, a suggestion on how to change MinGW's gcc.
>
> -fno-guess-branch-probability

Thanks for the suggestion.

> IIRC, binaries also contain datestamps.

Indeed, I found them included in the PE header. Can I disable that
somehow?

Thanks again

Sebastian

This list observes the Etiquette found at http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.