Gui installer download this fails

Thiemo Meeuwissen
Hi,

Today I tried installing mingw using the installer and found that the download failed for:

w32api-3.17-2-mingw32-dev.tar.lzma
mingwrt-3.21-mingw32-dev.tar.gz

I tried the w32api download manually and also got a failure.

My bad or site download issue?

thiemo

Re: Gui installer download this fails

Eli Zaretskii
> From: Thiemo Meeuwissen <[hidden email]>
> Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2015 15:02:06 +0100
>
> Today I tried installing mingw using the installer and found that the download failed for:
>
> w32api-3.17-2-mingw32-dev.tar.lzma
> mingwrt-3.21-mingw32-dev.tar.gz
>
> I tried the w32api download manually and also got a failure.
>
> My bad or site download issue?

FWIW, I had no problems whatsoever downloading the new runtime
manually.  (The w32api wasn't changed, so I didn't need to download
it.)

Re: Gui installer download this fails

Thiemo Meeuwissen
I tried again a manual download and I get an ICAP error due to maximum total filed in archive exceeded.

On 08/01/15 14:17, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> From: Thiemo Meeuwissen <[hidden email]>
>> Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2015 15:02:06 +0100
>>
>> Today I tried installing mingw using the installer and found that the download failed for:
>>
>> w32api-3.17-2-mingw32-dev.tar.lzma
>> mingwrt-3.21-mingw32-dev.tar.gz
>>
>> I tried the w32api download manually and also got a failure.
>>
>> My bad or site download issue?
>
> FWIW, I had no problems whatsoever downloading the new runtime
> manually.  (The w32api wasn't changed, so I didn't need to download
> it.)

FTR, the compression type for mingwrt-3.21 is xz, not gz, and after
posting the tarballs, I successfully tested download and installation
via mingw-get, *before* posting the release notification.

Re: Gui installer download this fails

マーズ
use mingw-get.
Update catalog, look for mingwrt-3.21 then check it.
Apply and now you are ready.

Thiemo Meeuwissen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Today I tried installing mingw using the installer and
found that the
> download failed for:
>
> w32api-3.17-2-mingw32-dev.tar.lzma
> mingwrt-3.21-mingw32-dev.tar.gz
>
> I tried the w32api download manually and also got a
failure.

> My bad or site download issue?
>
> thiemo

Slashdot Media, is your
> hub for all things parallel software development, from
weekly thought
> leadership blogs to news, videos, case studies, tutorials
and more. Take a
http://goparallel.sourceforge.net
> MinGW-

> We ask that you be polite and do the same.  Disregard for
the list etiquette