Gprof output in 2.21.1 very different than in 2.21.53

Gprof output in 2.21.1 very different than in 2.21.53

Tamer
Hi,

I wrote a parser a while ago that reads gprof output and does some interpretation of the output.
Today I re-installed MinGW and chose to use the latest repository packages (instead of using pre-packaged repository catalogues). Now the output of gprof is different and my parser no longer works.

So things were working fine on 2.21.1 but then stopped working on 2.21.53.20110804

Is this expected? Is there a place where those changes in gprof's output are documented? I would like to know if I have to rewrite my parser or if I just happen to use a dev build which has changes that are not going GA.

Thanks you for your help.

Tamer

Re: Gprof output in 2.21.1 very different than in 2.21.53

Chris Sutcliffe-2
On 26 September 2011 19:15, Tamer wrote:
> I wrote a parser a while ago that reads gprof output and does some interpretation of the output.
> Today I re-installed MinGW and chose to use the latest repository packages (instead of using pre-packaged
> repository catalogues). Now the output of gprof is different and my parser no longer works.
>
> So things were working fine on 2.21.1 but then stopped working on 2.21.53.20110804
>
> Is this expected? Is there a place where those changes in gprof's output are documented? I would like to
> know if I have to rewrite my parser or if I just happen to use a dev build which has changes that are not going
> GA.

Follow-up on the binutils mailing list:

http://www.gnu.org/software/binutils/

Hopefully someone there can shed some light on the changes.

Chris

--
Chris Sutcliffe
http://emergedesktop.org

Re: Gprof output in 2.21.1 very different than in 2.21.53

Tamer
Thank you Chris. I will give that a try.

Best regards,
Tamer