GCJ - libgmp-3.dll was not found

Sandeep Jindal
Hi all,
I am new user to MinGW. I did automatic installation for the same.
But while compiling a simple java program, I got the following error
This application has failed to start because libgmp-3.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
I did try doing the manual installation for the same too, but still gettting the same error.
I re-confirmed the Path in Environment variables.
Please suggest.
Regards
Sandeep Jindal

2) Thread hijacking

Re: GCJ - libgmp-3.dll was not found

Sandeep Jindal
> Hi all,
> I am new user to MinGW. I did automatic installation for the same.
> But while compiling a simple java program, I got the following error
> This application has failed to start because libgmp-3.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
> I did try doing the manual installation for the same too, but still gettting the same error.
> I re-confirmed the Path in Environment variables.
> Please suggest.
> Regards
> Sandeep Jindal

Please suggest. This is a showstopper.

2) Thread hijacking

Re: GCJ - libgmp-3.dll was not found

lrn-2
Sandeep Jindal wrote:

>> Hi all,
>> I am new user to MinGW. I did automatic installation for the same.
>> But while compiling a simple java program, I got the following error
>> This application has failed to start because libgmp-3.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
>> I did try doing the manual installation for the same too, but still gettting the same error.
>> I re-confirmed the Path in Environment variables.
>> Please suggest.
>> Regards
>> Sandeep Jindal
>>

> Please suggest. This is a showstopper.

I've seen these when i've tried to build theora-1.1 (alpha or beta) with
GCC 4.4.0, during configure phase. However, i haven't found them to be
harmful. Just annoying.
That's all i know.

2) Thread hijacking

Re: GCJ - libgmp-3.dll was not found

Andy Rushton
This DLL is found in the package gmp-4.2.4-mingw32-dll.tar.gz which you
can also download from the MinGW site. I vaguely remember having to do
this for gcc 4.4.0 because the installer does not include it but
requires it.

Regards,
Andy

2) Thread hijacking

Re: GCJ - libgmp-3.dll was not found

Sandeep Jindal
> This DLL is found in the package gmp-4.2.4-mingw32-dll.tar.gz which you
> can also download from the MinGW site. I vaguely remember having to do
> this for gcc 4.4.0 because the installer does not include it but
> requires it.

Thanks for your help. I downloaded gmp-4.2.4-mingw32-dll.tar.gz. But I
got error on mpfr dll. From GCC link I found that
mpfr-2.4.1-mingw32-dll.tar.gz is also required.

Using both the above I was able to sucessfully native compile the application.

But when running the same I got error that libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll was not
found. Googleing again I found that static compiling the application
will remove this error. I did work for me. Thanks.

I am facing some issues while running the app. (I shall debug that and
shall ask in separate thread if required).

My question: How does static compling help removed the error (or What
is static compliing?)

Regards
Sandeep Jindal

2) Thread hijacking