Future of MinGW

Werner LEMBERG

Some time ago Keith wrote in another e-mail to this list:

  So, in spite of repeated advice to the contrary, you are still
  persisting with the utterly defective 4.0 series releases of mingwrt
  and w32api?  Don't!  Roll back to mingwrt-3.20 and w32api-3.17 [...]

I now wonder how MinGW will proceed.  It seems that Earnie has
completely disappeared, no longer working on MinGW at all...  How
comes?

    Werner

Re: Future of MinGW

David Gressett
On October 04, 2014 12:54 PM, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
>Subject: [Mingw-users] Future of MinGW

>Some time ago Keith wrote in another e-mail to this list:

>So, in spite of repeated advice to the contrary, you are still
>persisting with the utterly defective 4.0 series releases of mingwrt
>and w32api? Don't! Roll back to mingwrt-3.20 and w32api-3.17 [...]

>I now wonder how MinGW will proceed. It seems that Earnie has
>completely disappeared, no longer working on MinGW at all... How
>comes?

I am trying to fill the gap left by Earnie's disappearance. I have
successfully built gcc 4.9.1 and I am now testing it. I also am going to
work on fixing the defective V4 runtime and win32api.

Re: Future of MinGW

Werner LEMBERG

>>I now wonder how MinGW will proceed. It seems that Earnie has
>>completely disappeared, no longer working on MinGW at all... How
>>comes?
>
> I am trying to fill the gap left by Earnie's disappearance. I have
> successfully built gcc 4.9.1 and I am now testing it. I also am
> going to work on fixing the defective V4 runtime and win32api.

Great!

    Werner