First test post

Andreas Eibach
Hi,

I'm new here, and before I have to post my issue another three times and
get rejected because of that SF lag, I'll leave it with this one line,
and hope that this works at least.
This list system really has a problem with the aliasing of
googlemail/gmail addresses because it only relies on exact From: line
matches, and this obviously cannot work.
A.

Re: First test post

Greg Chicares
On 2008-11-08 20:48Z, Andreas Eibach wrote:

> I'm new here, and before I have to post my issue another three times and
> get rejected because of that SF lag, I'll leave it with this one line,
> and hope that this works at least.

Four of your messages have come through.

> This list system really has a problem with the aliasing of
> googlemail/gmail addresses because it only relies on exact From: line
> matches, and this obviously cannot work.

I don't think anyone on this list can do anything about that;
try reporting it to sourceforge.

Re: First test post

sowiso

From: address and subscriber's address in Google Mail that gets accepted
by the list system and *not* transformed from gmail to googlemail and
vice-versa.
So I think I'll stick to this address, and my post can be a warning to
others to refrain from using G. M. addresses to save themselves lots of
trouble and torn-out hair.

Sorry for the fuss,

Andreas

Re: First test post

NightStrike
sowiso wrote:
> also because it's a hit-and-miss to figure out the right combination of
> From: address and subscriber's address in Google Mail that gets accepted
> by the list system and *not* transformed from gmail to googlemail and
> vice-versa.
> So I think I'll stick to this address, and my post can be a warning to
> others to refrain from using G. M. addresses to save themselves lots of
> trouble and torn-out hair.

Google translates domains to and from gmail / googlemail based on the
source or destination IP address' geographical location.  They are not
allowed to exist as "gmail" in Germany because of copyright
infringement, so if you send an email to or from a Germany-based IP
address, it will get translated.

Re: First test post

Quoting sowiso <[hidden email]>:

> I'm sorry - you're right. Thanks.
> I thought they were simply not accepted, because I didn't get a copy on
> here - doh!

Maybe you have the "Not me" option set for your subscription account to
the list.