Failure building gcc 5.1

David Gressett
Has anyone tried to build gcc 5.1? I already had a failure building
 4.9.2  because of a Fortran runtime library problem with
mingwrt 3.21, but my first attempt at 5.1 failed before it got to
Fortran. The problem was in the Ada runtime library:

adaint.c: In function 'void __gnat_stat_to_attr(int, char*, file_attributes*)':
adaint.c:1022:20: error: aggregate 'stat64 statbuf' has incomplete
type and cannot be defined
   GNAT_STRUCT_STAT statbuf;
                    ^
adaint.c:1027:35: error: 'fstat64' was not declared in this scope
     ret = GNAT_FSTAT (fd, &statbuf);

Again, this appears to be the gcc crew making incorrect assumptions
about the content of the C runtime libray used by the building
compiler. In this case, the assumption is (at least) that there is
an fstat64 defined and that the header files define structure named
stat64. It appears that I need to make a detailed analysis of just
exactly what is in mingwrt-3.21, as the best solution to this is
probably going to be the creation of a mingwrt-3.22 that has the
missing pieces.

It might be better to discuss the details on the
MinGW-dvlpr list; is anybody here reading it?

Re: Failure building gcc 5.1

Keith Marshall
On 27/04/15 17:24, David Gressett wrote:
> It might be better to discuss the details on the
> MinGW-dvlpr list;

Yes, it would.

> is anybody here reading it?

I am, although at present, my available time for attending to any issues
is *extremely* limited.