Erros while addapting a std c99 file to compile with mingw gcc >= 4.x

Erros while addapting a std c99 file to compile with mingw gcc >= 4.x

Thomas Steinbach
Hello,

while I'm trying to addapt my std c99 compilant sourcecode file
to compile with mingw gcc >= 4.4.x I get many warnings and errors:

First problem is that the compiler doesn't know GWL_USERDATA
and GWL_WNDPROC which ist defined in winuser.h

e.g.
---snip---
src/main.c:653: error: 'GWL_USERDATA' undeclared (first use in this
function)
src/main.c:1540: error: 'GWL_WNDPROC' undeclared (first use in this
function)
---snap---

I have the file winuser.h in the include path and use #include winuser.h
within #include windows.h

All other constants are known by the compiler, expet these constannts
above. Why? And how can I fix that, without to declaring the vars by
my own?

And why the gcc 4.x.x doesn't know theses constants and the gcc 3.x.x
does know? Removed constants? But I see them in winuser.h at line 905
and line 910.

Thomas

2) Thread hijacking

Re: Erros while addapting a std c99 file to compile with mingw gcc >= 4.x

Roger Pack
> First problem is that the compiler doesn't know GWL_USERDATA
> and GWL_WNDPROC which ist defined in winuser.h
>
> e.g.
> ---snip---
> src/main.c:653: error: 'GWL_USERDATA' undeclared (first use in this
> function)
> src/main.c:1540: error: 'GWL_WNDPROC' undeclared (first use in this
> function)
> ---snap---
>
> I have the file winuser.h in the include path and use #include winuser.h
> within #include windows.h

have you tried running just the pre-processor on it?

2) Thread hijacking