Downloader will not work

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Downloader will not work

qwertyuiop23

The automated downloader and installer is not working for me.  It keeps
saying that my connection has dropped.  I know that my computer is connected
to the internet as i can browse and ping any site or ip address.  It also
tells me to check IE proxy settings. Is there any special proxy settings
that I need to change my computer to for the Automated Downloader to work?
If so you someone please tell me what I need to change them to in order for
me to get the Automated downloader.

(This is for the C++ plugin for Eclipse, and according to the site I need
the MinGW compiler for it to work so it would be great if you could get back
to me a.s.a.p.)

Cheers
~Qwertyuiop23
--
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Downloader-will-not-work-tp20261535p20261535.html
Sent from the MinGW - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.Net email is sponsored by the Moblin Your Move Developer's challenge
Build the coolest Linux based applications with Moblin SDK & win great prizes
Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in the world
http://moblin-contest.org/redirect.php?banner_id=100&url=/
_______________________________________________
MinGW-users mailing list
[hidden email]

You may change your MinGW Account Options or unsubscribe at:
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/mingw-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Downloader will not work

John E. / TDM
qwertyuiop23 wrote:

> The automated downloader and installer is not working for me.  It keeps
> saying that my connection has dropped.  I know that my computer is connected
> to the internet as i can browse and ping any site or ip address.  It also
> tells me to check IE proxy settings. Is there any special proxy settings
> that I need to change my computer to for the Automated Downloader to work?
> If so you someone please tell me what I need to change them to in order for
> me to get the Automated downloader.
>
> (This is for the C++ plugin for Eclipse, and according to the site I need
> the MinGW compiler for it to work so it would be great if you could get back
> to me a.s.a.p.)
>  

You could also try:

* -- manually downloading and unpacking the requisite packages. The
MinGW download page is on SourceForge at
<http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2435>. You should
get gcc-core-3.4.5-20060117-3, gcc-g++-3.4.5-20060117-3,
binutils-2.18.50-20080109-2.tar.gz, mingwrt-3.15.1-dev.tar.gz,
mingwrt-3.15.1-dll.tar.gz, w32api-3.12.tar.gz,
mingw32-make-3.81-20080326-3.tar.gz, and gdb-6.8-mingw-3.tar.gz. (You
may at some point in the future also want mingw-utils-0.3.tar.gz). It's
recommended that you extract them all under C:\MinGW, or any path
without spaces.

OR

* -- using the TDM/MinGW installer, from
<http://www.tdragon.net/recentgcc/>. In the installer, you can choose
the most recent stable GCC release (3.4.5-20060117-3), or *unofficial*
experimental releases from the GCC 4.2 and 4.3 series, which are more
recent and more feature-replete, but also have a different set of bugs.
I note that the TDM/MinGW installer uses the same library for
downloading files as the official MinGW installer; if you choose to use
it and encounter the same problem, let me know!

Cheers,
John E. / TDM

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.Net email is sponsored by the Moblin Your Move Developer's challenge
Build the coolest Linux based applications with Moblin SDK & win great prizes
Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in the world
http://moblin-contest.org/redirect.php?banner_id=100&url=/
_______________________________________________
MinGW-users mailing list
[hidden email]

You may change your MinGW Account Options or unsubscribe at:
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/mingw-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Downloader will not work

qwertyuiop23



John E. / TDM wrote:

>
> You could also try:
>
> * -- manually downloading and unpacking the requisite packages. The
> MinGW download page is on SourceForge at
> <http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2435>. You should
> get gcc-core-3.4.5-20060117-3, gcc-g++-3.4.5-20060117-3,
> binutils-2.18.50-20080109-2.tar.gz, mingwrt-3.15.1-dev.tar.gz,
> mingwrt-3.15.1-dll.tar.gz, w32api-3.12.tar.gz,
> mingw32-make-3.81-20080326-3.tar.gz, and gdb-6.8-mingw-3.tar.gz. (You
> may at some point in the future also want mingw-utils-0.3.tar.gz). It's
> recommended that you extract them all under C:\MinGW, or any path
> without spaces.
>
>

Yeah I did that but nothing exceptional happened well actually nothing
happened at all... Not that I know how to test to see if it was right
although... I extracted them all to the exact location but am not too sure
where the compiler is meant to be looked for... So yeah... Any help on that
would be great...
So I am downloading the TDM one now.

Cheers
~Qwertyuiop23

--
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Downloader-will-not-work-tp20261535p20276466.html
Sent from the MinGW - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.Net email is sponsored by the Moblin Your Move Developer's challenge
Build the coolest Linux based applications with Moblin SDK & win great prizes
Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in the world
http://moblin-contest.org/redirect.php?banner_id=100&url=/
_______________________________________________
MinGW-users mailing list
[hidden email]

You may change your MinGW Account Options or unsubscribe at:
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/mingw-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Downloader will not work

John E. / TDM
qwertyuiop23 wrote:
> John E. / TDM wrote:
>  
>> You could also try:
>>
>> * -- manually downloading and unpacking the requisite packages.
>>    
*snip*
> Yeah I did that but nothing exceptional happened well actually nothing
> happened at all... Not that I know how to test to see if it was right
> although... I extracted them all to the exact location but am not too sure
> where the compiler is meant to be looked for... So yeah... Any help on that
> would be great...
> So I am downloading the TDM one now.
>  

Nothing is supposed to *happen*, per se; in the CDT, you merely
configure the location of the MinGW toolchain to be the folder you
extracted to (i.e. C:\MinGW). Note that this is merely an assumption, as
I haven't used any recent version of the CDT.

-John E.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.Net email is sponsored by the Moblin Your Move Developer's challenge
Build the coolest Linux based applications with Moblin SDK & win great prizes
Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in the world
http://moblin-contest.org/redirect.php?banner_id=100&url=/
_______________________________________________
MinGW-users mailing list
[hidden email]

You may change your MinGW Account Options or unsubscribe at:
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/mingw-users