Copy clipboard into file.txt

Commodore-3

Hi all

it's possible copying the clipboard of WinXp into file.txt?

which function must be use.

Thanks

Best regards

Rx

Re: Copy clipboard into file.txt

Mikael-2
That is a windows API question and does not have much to do here I guess,
but have a look at the GetClipboardData( type); function in the windows API.

Mikael

> it's possible copying the clipboard of WinXp into file.txt?
>
> which function must be use.
>
> Thanks
>

> Best regards
>
> Rx

> challenge
> prizes
> world

Re: Copy clipboard into file.txt

Brian Dessent
rbt_brt_struct10 wrote:

> it's possible copying the clipboard of WinXp into file.txt?
>
> which function must be use.

<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms648709.aspx>

Brian

Re: Copy clipboard into file.txt

Earnie Boyd

Quoting Brian Dessent <[hidden email]>:

> rbt_brt_struct10 wrote:
>
>> it's possible copying the clipboard of WinXp into file.txt?
>>
>> which function must be use.
>
> <http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms648709.aspx>

Or with the MSYS shell

cat /dev/clipboard > file.txt

Quoting Mikael <[hidden email]>:

> That is a windows API question and does not have much to do here I guess,
> but have a look at the GetClipboardData( type); function in the windows API.

Please, STOP TOP POSTING.

> Mikael

Keith Marshall
On Wednesday 10 September 2008 13:15:54 Earnie Boyd wrote:
> Quoting Mikael <[hidden email]>:
> > That is a windows API question and does not have much to do here
> > I guess, but have a look at the GetClipboardData( type); function
> > in the windows API.
>
> Please, STOP TOP POSTING.

That antisocial behaviour aside, I see no reason for the opening
comment anyway; MSW API questions are pretty much the bread and
butter of this list.  Perhaps the OP could have just googled it, but
the question wasn't out of place here.

On Wednesday 10 September 2008 13:14:14 Earnie Boyd wrote:
> Or with the MSYS shell

I usually do...

  $ cat > file.txt
  <CTRL-V>
  <CTRL-D>

> cat /dev/clipboard > file.txt

Didn't know you could do it this way; thanks Earnie.