Automated install on a headless build machine

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Automated install on a headless build machine

Clive Crous
Hi,

I'm busy scripting an automated build/deploy of boxes that, in turn, build my software. I've been attempting to find a way of automating the execution of `mingw-get-setup.exe` but have not been able to find any references or information on command-line arguments, or if this is in fact even possible.

Any information on automating mingw installations or deployments would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Clive

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One dashboard for servers and applications across Physical-Virtual-Cloud
Widest out-of-the-box monitoring support with 50+ applications
Performance metrics, stats and reports that give you Actionable Insights
Deep dive visibility with transaction tracing using APM Insight.
http://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/clk/290420510;117567292;y
_______________________________________________
MinGW-users mailing list
[hidden email]

This list observes the Etiquette found at
http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.
We ask that you be polite and do the same.  Disregard for the list etiquette may cause your account to be moderated.

_______________________________________________
You may change your MinGW Account Options or unsubscribe at:
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/mingw-users
Also: mailto:[hidden email]?subject=unsubscribe
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Automated install on a headless build machine

Keith Marshall
On 29/04/15 11:28, Clive Crous wrote:
> I'm busy scripting an automated build/deploy of boxes that, in turn, build
> my software. I've been attempting to find a way of automating the execution
> of `mingw-get-setup.exe` but have not been able to find any references or
> information on command-line arguments, or if this is in fact even possible.

Not with mingw-get-setup.exe; that has only one limited purpose in life:
to perform a first time, interactive, GUI controlled installation of
mingw-get.exe, and its supporting file system infrastructure.  Once that
is installed, you do not use it for any other purpose; indeed it
immediately delegates all further activity to mingw-get.exe, in its
graphical, interactive guise.

Once you have mingw-get.exe installed, you may run it, or script it, in
its command line mode, to perform *all* further installation activity.

> Any information on automating mingw installations or deployments would be
> greatly appreciated.

Try "mingw-get --help", from the command line, to see the list of
sub-commands and options.

--
Regards,
Keith.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One dashboard for servers and applications across Physical-Virtual-Cloud
Widest out-of-the-box monitoring support with 50+ applications
Performance metrics, stats and reports that give you Actionable Insights
Deep dive visibility with transaction tracing using APM Insight.
http://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/clk/290420510;117567292;y
_______________________________________________
MinGW-users mailing list
[hidden email]

This list observes the Etiquette found at
http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.
We ask that you be polite and do the same.  Disregard for the list etiquette may cause your account to be moderated.

_______________________________________________
You may change your MinGW Account Options or unsubscribe at:
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/mingw-users
Also: mailto:[hidden email]?subject=unsubscribe
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Automated install on a headless build machine

Clive Crous
Yea,

Thanks Keith,

I've been reading through source and realized a short while after my original email that I need to automate the download and install of mingw-get directly.

For those looking for similar solutions my deployment provisioning batch file is starting to look something like this:

if not exist "C:\Windows\Temp\7z920-x64.msi" (
powershell -Command "(New-Object System.Net.WebClient).DownloadFile('http://downloads.sourceforge.net/sevenzip/7z920-x64.msi', 'C:\Windows\Temp\7z920-x64.msi')" <NUL
)
msiexec /qb /i C:\Windows\Temp\7z920-x64.msi


if not exist "C:\Windows\Temp\mingw-get.zip" (
  powershell -Command "(New-Object System.Net.WebClient).DownloadFile('http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/Installer/mingw-get/mingw-get-0.6.2-beta-20131004-1/mingw-get-0.6.2-mingw32-beta-20131004-1-bin.zip/download', 'C:\Windows\Temp\mingw-get.zip')" <NUL
)

if not exist "C:\MinGW\bin\mingw-get.exe" (
cmd /c ""C:\Program Files\7-Zip\7z.exe" x C:\Windows\Temp\mingw-get.zip -oC:\MinGW"
)

C:\MinGW\bin\mingw-get update
C:\MinGW\bin\mingw-get install mingw-get
C:\MinGW\bin\mingw-get update
C:\MinGW\bin\mingw-get install gcc g++ make


--
Clive


On Wed, 29 Apr 2015 at 13:32 Keith Marshall <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 29/04/15 11:28, Clive Crous wrote:
> I'm busy scripting an automated build/deploy of boxes that, in turn, build
> my software. I've been attempting to find a way of automating the execution
> of `mingw-get-setup.exe` but have not been able to find any references or
> information on command-line arguments, or if this is in fact even possible.

Not with mingw-get-setup.exe; that has only one limited purpose in life:
to perform a first time, interactive, GUI controlled installation of
mingw-get.exe, and its supporting file system infrastructure.  Once that
is installed, you do not use it for any other purpose; indeed it
immediately delegates all further activity to mingw-get.exe, in its
graphical, interactive guise.

Once you have mingw-get.exe installed, you may run it, or script it, in
its command line mode, to perform *all* further installation activity.

> Any information on automating mingw installations or deployments would be
> greatly appreciated.

Try "mingw-get --help", from the command line, to see the list of
sub-commands and options.

--
Regards,
Keith.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One dashboard for servers and applications across Physical-Virtual-Cloud
Widest out-of-the-box monitoring support with 50+ applications
Performance metrics, stats and reports that give you Actionable Insights
Deep dive visibility with transaction tracing using APM Insight.
http://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/clk/290420510;117567292;y
_______________________________________________
MinGW-users mailing list
[hidden email]

This list observes the Etiquette found at
http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.
We ask that you be polite and do the same.  Disregard for the list etiquette may cause your account to be moderated.

_______________________________________________
You may change your MinGW Account Options or unsubscribe at:
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/mingw-users
Also: mailto:[hidden email]?subject=unsubscribe

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One dashboard for servers and applications across Physical-Virtual-Cloud
Widest out-of-the-box monitoring support with 50+ applications
Performance metrics, stats and reports that give you Actionable Insights
Deep dive visibility with transaction tracing using APM Insight.
http://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/clk/290420510;117567292;y
_______________________________________________
MinGW-users mailing list
[hidden email]

This list observes the Etiquette found at
http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.
We ask that you be polite and do the same.  Disregard for the list etiquette may cause your account to be moderated.

_______________________________________________
You may change your MinGW Account Options or unsubscribe at:
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/mingw-users
Also: mailto:[hidden email]?subject=unsubscribe