Argh, maity SF does it again.

Earnie Boyd
Well, at least I have the site back on line.  NOTE: Emailing from the
site isn't going to happen for a little while.  Which means that the
new users and password reset requests aren't going to happen until I
figure out how to do the new cron process.

Note, SF has permanently turned of shell access for servers.  Access
for web updates is via sftp, scp and rsync using scp.  I used sftp but
listing the files in the project web server causes an abort of sftp.  I
have a support ticket open with SF.

Re: Argh, maity SF does it again.

Earnie Boyd

Quoting Earnie Boyd <[hidden email]>:

> Well, at least I have the site back on line.  NOTE: Emailing from the
> site isn't going to happen for a little while.  Which means that the
> new users and password reset requests aren't going to happen until I
> figure out how to do the new cron process.
>
> Note, SF has permanently turned of shell access for servers.  Access
> for web updates is via sftp, scp and rsync using scp.  I used sftp but
> listing the files in the project web server causes an abort of sftp.  I
> have a support ticket open with SF.

I'm working on getting the old MinGWiki working again.  The need to
copy to the web server instead of logging into the shell is causing
much pain.

Also, if you uploaded pictures, I still have them; I just need to
figure out why they don't show.

Re: Argh, maity SF does it again.

Earnie Boyd

Quoting Earnie Boyd <[hidden email]>:

> Quoting Earnie Boyd <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Well, at least I have the site back on line.  NOTE: Emailing from the
>> site isn't going to happen for a little while.  Which means that the
>> new users and password reset requests aren't going to happen until I
>> figure out how to do the new cron process.
>>
>> Note, SF has permanently turned of shell access for servers.  Access
>> for web updates is via sftp, scp and rsync using scp.  I used sftp but
>> listing the files in the project web server causes an abort of sftp.  I
>> have a support ticket open with SF.
>>

> I'm working on getting the old MinGWiki working again.

FYI, the old wiki is PHP4 based.  We're now on PHP5.  I'm working
through the errors.

Re: Argh, maity SF does it again.

Earnie Boyd

Quoting Earnie Boyd <[hidden email]>:

>> I'm working on getting the old MinGWiki working again.
>
> FYI, the old wiki is PHP4 based.  We're now on PHP5.  I'm working
> through the errors.

I've exhausted time to work on this.  Anyone willing to get this
working I'm willing to give access to the code on the server.  I've
resolved the complaints from display_error but there appears to be an
issue in getting the data from the DB.  If no one speaks up, I will
disable the link on the current menu.

Re: Argh, maity SF does it again.

John E. / TDM
Earnie Boyd wrote:

>>> I'm working on getting the old MinGWiki working again.
>>>
>> FYI, the old wiki is PHP4 based.  We're now on PHP5.  I'm working
>> through the errors.
>>

> I've exhausted time to work on this.  Anyone willing to get this
> working I'm willing to give access to the code on the server.  I've
> resolved the complaints from display_error but there appears to be an
> issue in getting the data from the DB.  If no one speaks up, I will
> disable the link on the current menu.

I have a fair amount of PHP experience, and can look at this if you like.

-John E.

Re: Argh, maity SF does it again.

Reini Urban
2008/9/24 John E. / TDM <[hidden email]>:

>>> FYI, the old wiki is PHP4 based.  We're now on PHP5.  I'm working
>>> through the errors.
>>>

>> I've exhausted time to work on this.  Anyone willing to get this
>> working I'm willing to give access to the code on the server.  I've
>> resolved the complaints from display_error but there appears to be an
>> issue in getting the data from the DB.  If no one speaks up, I will
>> disable the link on the current menu.
>>

> I have a fair amount of PHP experience, and can look at this if you like.

As I am the developer of this phpwiki software I would advise to use a current
phpwiki version and this should work with php5.

Older versions had troubles.

--
Reini Urban
http://phpwiki.org/ http://murbreak.at/

Quoting Reini Urban <[hidden email]>:

>>> I've exhausted time to work on this.  Anyone willing to get this
>>> working I'm willing to give access to the code on the server.  I've
>>> resolved the complaints from display_error but there appears to be an
>>> issue in getting the data from the DB.  If no one speaks up, I will
>>> disable the link on the current menu.
>>>

>> I have a fair amount of PHP experience, and can look at this if you like.
>
> As I am the developer of this phpwiki software I would advise to use
> a current
> phpwiki version and this should work with php5.
>
> Older versions had troubles.

Of course that is another option; I just didn't want to go through an
update since we're replacing it.  We're using 1.3.10 currently; what
kind of work would be involved other than uploading new software
versions?

John, I'll communicate to you privately.

2008/9/24 Earnie Boyd <[hidden email]>:

> Quoting Reini Urban <[hidden email]>:

>>> I have a fair amount of PHP experience, and can look at this if you like.
>>
>> As I am the developer of this phpwiki software I would advise to use
>> a current
>> phpwiki version and this should work with php5.
>>
>> Older versions had troubles.
>>

> Of course that is another option; I just didn't want to go through an
> update since we're replacing it.  We're using 1.3.10 currently; what
> kind of work would be involved other than uploading new software
> versions?
>
> John, I'll communicate to you privately.

Upgrading phpwiki-1.3.10 to 1.3.14 (for php5 compat) would involve
backup old,
create new in old place,
copy config/config.ini from backup,
and point your browser to your wiki url + "?action=upgrade"

--
Reini Urban
http://phpwiki.org/ http://murbreak.at/

Re: Argh, maity SF does it again.

Earnie Boyd

Quoting Reini Urban <[hidden email]>:

> Upgrading phpwiki-1.3.10 to 1.3.14 (for php5 compat) would involve
> backup old,
> create new in old place,
> copy config/config.ini from backup,
> and point your browser to your wiki url + "?action=upgrade"

Not a fun exercise.  Between the lack of being able to remove or rename
a symlink (a SF issue) and the fact that the upgrade doesn't work (a
phpwiki issue) I'm about to give up.  Reini do you want to give it a
try?

After going through a bunch of gyrations of login I get

db version: we want 1030.14
db version: we have 0

Backend type: mysql
check for table session ...OK
check for table pref ...OK
check for table member ...OK
Rebuild entire database to upgrade relation links ...
Fatal Error:

lib/WikiDB/backend/PearDB.php:1059 Error[256]:
WikiDB_backend_PearDB_mysql: fatal database error

    * DB Error: no such field
    * (INSERT INTO link (linkfrom, linkto, relation) VALUES (2, 3, 0)
[nativecode=1054 ** Unknown column 'relation' in 'field list'])
    *

lib/WikiPlugin.php:513 Warning[2]:
WikiPluginLoader::include_once(lib/plugin/AddNoComment.php) [<a
href='wikipluginloader.include-once'>wikipluginloader.include-once</a>]:
failed to open stream: No such file or directory

lib/WikiPlugin.php:513 Warning[2]:
WikiPluginLoader::include_once(lib/plugin/AddNoComment.php) [<a
href='wikipluginloader.include-once'>wikipluginloader.include-once</a>]:
failed to open stream: No such file or directory

lib/WikiDB/backend/PearDB.php:98 Warning[512]: WARNING: database still
locked (lock_count = $this->_lock_count)

    * <br />

Fatal PhpWiki Error

lib/WikiDB/backend/PearDB.php:1059 Error[256]:
WikiDB_backend_PearDB_mysql: fatal database error

    * DB Error: no such field
    * (INSERT INTO link (linkfrom, linkto, relation) VALUES (2, 3, 0)
[nativecode=1054 ** Unknown column 'relation' in 'field list'])
    *

DB Error: no database selected

Re: Argh, maity SF does it again.

Earnie Boyd

Quoting Earnie Boyd <[hidden email]>:

> Quoting Reini Urban <[hidden email]>:
>

>> Upgrading phpwiki-1.3.10 to 1.3.14 (for php5 compat) would involve
>> backup old,
>> create new in old place,
>> copy config/config.ini from backup,
>> and point your browser to your wiki url + "?action=upgrade"
>>

> Not a fun exercise.  Between the lack of being able to remove or rename
> a symlink (a SF issue) and the fact that the upgrade doesn't work (a
> phpwiki issue) I'm about to give up.  Reini do you want to give it a
> try?
>
> After going through a bunch of gyrations of login I get
>
> db version: we want 1030.14
> db version: we have 0
>
> Backend type: mysql
> check for table session ...OK
> check for table pref ...OK
> check for table member ...OK
> Rebuild entire database to upgrade relation links ...
> Fatal Error:

I manually added the new columns and tables.  Now we have data
displaying.  However it must be accessed by
http://www.mingw.org/phpwiki-1.3.14/index.php which doesn't do much for
the links floating around the web.  I'll see what I can do with
Drupal's path alias feature.