Quantcast

Application behaves differently in different versions of MSys

Application behaves differently in different versions of MSys

KAI RENSHAW

Greetings!

The program maze_game is a simple recreation of a text adventure engine. It displays information about the room that the player is currently in, and then asks the player for an integer to determine their chosen course of action - 0 to quit. In MSys 1, maze_game works as expected. However, in MSys 2, maze_game will wait for the player to enter multiple integers before executing as if the integers had been entered one by one.

I have attached screenshots.

Kind regards,
Kai

maze_game.c (8K) Download Attachment
msys1.png (16K) Download Attachment
msys2-1.png (13K) Download Attachment
msys2-2.png (18K) Download Attachment
terminal_user_input.c (3K) Download Attachment
terminal_user_input.h (1K) Download Attachment

Re: Application behaves differently in different versions of MSys

Earnie Boyd
On 3/31/2016 5:15 AM, KAI RENSHAW wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> The program maze_game is a simple recreation of a text adventure engine.
> It displays information about the room that the player is currently in,
> and then asks the player for an integer to determine their chosen course
> of action - 0 to quit. In MSys 1, maze_game works as expected. However,
> in MSys 2, maze_game will wait for the player to enter multiple integers
> before executing as if the integers had been entered one by one.

MSYS2 is a fork we do not support.

My guess is an issue with mintty but really don't know and don't care to
find out.

Re: Application behaves differently in different versions of MSys

Greg Jung
I believe in the msys1 case you are using mingw, but the msys2 window probably
is not mingw, just the posix msys /usr stuff.  Use the mingw32_shell window - or whatever its called that will get you "MINGW32" in the prompt (or MINGW64).

(check the paths that each window has)

On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 2:15 AM, KAI RENSHAW <[hidden email]> wrote:

Greetings!

The program maze_game is a simple recreation of a text adventure engine. It displays information about the room that the player is currently in, and then asks the player for an integer to determine their chosen course of action - 0 to quit. In MSys 1, maze_game works as expected. However, in MSys 2, maze_game will wait for the player to enter multiple integers before executing as if the integers had been entered one by one.

I have attached screenshots.

Kind regards,
Kai

We ask that you be polite and do the same.  Disregard for the list etiquette may cause your account to be moderated.