About Licenses

Nikhil Vaidya
Could anyone tell me which licenses the following dlls have? they are from the MinGW/bin folder.

libcharset-1.dll
libgettextpo-0.dll
libgmpxx-4.dll
libmpc-3.dll
mingwm10.dll
libexpat-1.dll
libgettextsrc-0-18-3.dll
libiconv-2.dll
libmpfr-4.dll
pthreadGC2.dll
libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll
libgfortran-3.dll
libintl-8.dll
libquadmath-0.dll
pthreadGCE2.dll
libgettextlib-0-18-3.dll
libgmp-10.dll
libltdl-7.dll
libstdc++-6.dll
zlib1.dll

Best regards,
Nikhil Vaidya

Re: About Licenses

Thomas Dickey
On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 11:36:17AM +0200, Nikhil Vaidya wrote:
> Could anyone tell me which licenses the following dlls have? they are from
> the MinGW/bin folder.

I'd assume that the dlls use the same license as the source-code,
because it is the source code which represents a creative work, while
the dlls are produced mechanically (in the realm of derived works).

In a quick check:

        Some of the libraries use LGPL.
        Some (e.g., libstdc++) use GPL.
        A few are non-LGPL/GPL (mingwm10, expat, zlib).

See for instance http://www.mingw.org/license

--
Thomas E. Dickey <[hidden email]>
http://invisible-island.net