A few notes on windres

Frank Perdicaro

        In recent week I have been working with windres (-V 2.18.50.20080109).
For the most part it a good job, but there are a few bugs.   The RC
files I have
been working with are quite large, about 100,000 lines when generated
using MSVS 2005.

        In the past I worked on a few compilers and more than a few
interpreters.
It was not hard to track down and fix some of the bugs.    Can
mention small
bug + fix pairs on this list?

        On an slightly related note, the SIL editor from SiComponents is very
certainly a wrapper around windres.   Nowhere does the SIL stuff mention
windres.   The software is for sale here in the US, so this seems
like a clear
GPL violation.
        I am certain the SiComponents product is a wrapper for windres because
the textual output is virtually identical (a few header changes), but
more
tellingly, _the bugs are the same_.    Although the time was not
available
for me to do the analysis, it seems really likely that a Markov chain
analysis
of the compiled windres vs. the SiComponents product would show
considerable
overlap.

Re: A few notes on windres

Keith Marshall